Transfer Requests

Students shall attend the school designated for the attendance area in which the student resides. Under rare exceptional circumstances, however, a student may be permitted to transfer to a school outside of the student's attendance area. Reasons for transfers based upon exceptional circumstances:
A. Family Move
B. Request from a Governmental Entity
C. Special School District Programs
D. Exceptional Psychological or Health Reasons
E. Administrative Placement

For families pursuing in-district transfers, a request form must be completed and returned to your current school's office by May 1 for the upcoming year. Requests will be reviewed by a district committee, and granted or denied based on a range of factors, including school and grade-level capacities as well as resources to serve students. 

In-District Transfer Request Form

In 2015, USD #230 stopped accepting 
out-of-district transfers unless the student met one of the following criteria:

1)  The incoming student currently has a sibling attending a Spring Hill school, or the incoming student was grandfathered in (parents will need evidence of this in writing)


2)  The student has a parent who is currently an employee of the district.  Children of employees who no longer work for the district may or may not be allowed to complete the school year in which employment was terminated.


3) If an in-district resident moves out of the district during the school year, the student will be allowed to complete that school year as long as they remain in good standing and are continuously enrolled. We cannot guarantee the student will be able to come back to Spring Hill the following year(s) and these students are not grandfathered in. Parents will need to complete an out-of-district transfer request each year and we will base our decision on space, state funding, and other important factors. The best way to guarantee attendance in Spring Hill and the school of your choice is to live in the boundaries of the school in which you would like to attend.

Out-of-District Transfer Request Form

Meeting the above criteria does not guarantee approval, only consideration for approval. District policy does not allow out-of-district transfers after the State of Kansas official enrollment date in September.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.